Has anyone ever said something to you that just didn’t make sense, even though when they said it, they looked at you like you were supposed to agree, because that’s just how life is? For example, you’re having a bad day, and their advice to you is, hold your head up, the sun will come out tomorrow. In essence, it sounds good. They are telling you that tomorrow will be better. So I say, why not just say that? Why does their advice have to be wrapped in sunshine and tied with a pretty bow? And if you combat what they’re saying, then you’re being negative. Please note that I wrote this blog just for fun, and here’s my list of quotes that are supposed to be inspiring, uplifting, or impart wisdom when said, but lately, they’ve just be annoying the heck out of me.
- When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. My response to that is, what if you don’t like lemonade?
- Two wrongs don’t make a right. But it does make us even, and perhaps once we’re even, we can both move on from whatever it is we’ve been fighting about.
- There are no dumb questions. I beg to differ, after going through these 29 years of life, I have definitely been asked some dumb questions.
- Never write an email/letter when you are angry. But how will they know how I will really feel if I don’t write it right away?
- Revenge is a dish best served cold. Well I beg to differ, because there was nothing cold about the hot grits that were thrown on Al Green. There truly is no greater fury than a woman scorned.
I’d like to think that I’m not alone in my thinking, and there are some quotes out there that annoy others as well. But even if I am alone, it’s good to be different. 🙂