I haven’t blogged in at least two weeks, so imagine my surprise when friend and fellow blogger Molly Jo messaged me to let me know she was nominating me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am truly blessed and honored by this recognition, which makes me want to work harder to post on a more consistent basis. So thank you again Molly Jo and as if you don’t already know, just wanted to tell you what an inspiration your blog Frankly My Dear inspires me as well.
Now on to the best part of my acceptance speech, I have to list 7 things about myself, as well as list 7 other blogs that often inspire me, passing the award on to them. So without further a due:
1) I’m actually looking forward to turning 30 in the next few months. I think I’m the only woman who has ever felt that way lol, but it’s true.
2) I am still afraid of the dark and sleep with a stuffed animal. His name is Mr. Wrinkles, and I’ve had him since childhood. Men come and go, but Mr. Wrinkles is forever lol.
3) I don’t get the saying “You can’t have your cake and eat it too.” What’s the point in having cake, if you can’t eat it?
4) I’ve never seen any of the Jason or Freddy Krueger movies.
5) I’m addicted to holiday candy. During Easter time, I load up on the marsh mellow bunnies, and during Christmas, I buy nougat peppermints lol.
6) I love ketchup, but can’t stand tomatoes. Go figure.
7) I found my soul mate at the age of 2. She is my baby sister, Shannon, and is my best friend. I’m not quite sure how we’ll make room for our husbands, but I am sure we’ll figure it out when one of us actually gets married lol.
Bloggers who inspire me:
1) mdavis11: Melvin discusses matters of the heart and how to love unconditionally. Its rare that a man opens up the way he does about such topics and his transparency encourages me to write as freely and openly as he does.
2) Mz Urban Unplugged: Shanette is truly an amazing person and writer who covers topics affecting the African American community and I look forward to being able to say I knew her when, because I know her writing is going to take her places.
3) Nissi Knows: Nissi shares her life experiences in hopes of making the world a better place. She writes without fear, and that is something that I will always admire.
4) Third Sunday Blog Carnival: Adrienne has dedicated this site to helping writers connect with one another as well as readers all around the world and for that I thank her.
5) Peauxectic Expressions: Carlos is a poet to say the least. He covers music as well as life, and all things in between. And he’s in the process of working on publishing his second book, so world, look out!
6) Truth Be Told By Torie: Torie shares her views on everything from life, dating and fashion. She writes with a passion that cannot be denied or ignored and because of that, she inspires me.
7) A Young Black Woman: I think the title of Ashley’s blog says it all. 🙂